The student initiative PANALOBBY is concerned with the interests of international students and works on the stronger internationalization and networking of the Kunsthochschule Kassel.
PANALOBBY came into being in 2015 as a reaction to the experiences and difficulties of Paula Godinez (Mexico City) and Yuyen Lin-Woywod (Taipei) as international students in Germany and has since made a noticeable contribution to improving the situation of international students through numerous offers and activities.
PANALOBBY helps international students to feel welcome and integrated, seeks and creates new opportunities for participation and promotes exchange and cooperation between international and German students. PANALOBBY sees itself as a student initiative that wants to actively intervene in the university and also functions as a field of experimentation to change university structures and to think people of different origins at the same time
PANALOBBY, as a group of both international and German students, is itself an intercultural project, which, in addition to supporting international students, enables them to be empowered to participate actively in the processes of the university and to improve them. Not only the students, but also the university itself.
Since the semi-autonomous Kassel School of Art does not have its own “International Office”, there is often confusion as to which office is responsible for international students. The work of PANALOBBY in recent years has therefore been an essential contribution to the concerns of international students.
- Paula Godinez
- She was born in Mexico City. Since 2014 she moves between Berlin, Mexico and the class of Bjørn Melhus at Kunsthochschule Kassel.She is a founding member of he student initiative Panalobby, holds a grant by the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung and loves bees and Techno music.
- Alejandra Montoya
- Born in Mexico city, living in Kassel, Germany since 2016. She studies Visual arts using mostly video, photography and text as medium. Speaks Spanish, English, and German.
- Richard Corchan
- Has lived in Kassel, Germany since 2014 and is currently studying Visual Arts (with interests in Installation, Sculpture, Video, and Illustration). Speaks English, Spanish, and German. Insta: richthecoch
- Ana Vera
- Born in Mexico, lives in Kassel since 2015. Speaks Spanish, English and German. She Studies Bildende Kunst in the Kunsthochschule Kassel since 2019. Painting and Photograpy are the main mediums of her work.
- Albert Gesk
- Speaks German, English and Chinese. Need help with any of those languages; ask me. Also I like to cook and I can fall asleep anywhere.